Keep an eye out!
The Wisconsin Corn Growers Association is working hard to get the word out. We will have ads displayed prominently on the websites of WISN, Packers.com and numerous radio and TV spots.
You may have heard...
Our ads have been played during the seasons of the Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers and more. You may have heard them, but if not this is your chance!
Click a selection below to listen to our 30 second spots!
Teach. Learn. Live.
Corn farming and corn production isn't what it used to be. Our industry is using leading edge technologies to increase our yield and efficiency. Please visit the links below for videos, documents and much more to aid in your curriculum.
Just the Facts
Reducing our foreign needs.
- 5.2 billion bushels (bb) for livestock feed and residual use. Includes 1 bb in distillers grains from ethanol production.
- 3.5 bb go directly into the production of 13.5 billion gallons of ethanol.
- 1.4 bb become sweeteners, starch and food products.
- 1.3 bb of corn will be exported, mostly for feed.
- 733 million bushels will be carried over as surplus.
USDA 9/11More Corn Facts
- The U.S. imports 45% of its petroleum needs today. This number is down significantly since the rise of the ethanol industry.
- In 2011, thanks in part to ethanol, the U.S. needed to import 485 million fewer barrels of oil, the equivalent of 13% of total oil imports.
- The value of the crude oil displaced by ethanol amounted to $49.7 billion in 2011.
Through the use of technology and innovation the production of both corn and ethanol continues to become more and more efficient. Outdated information is often misused and can result in making it difficult to distinguish FACT from FICTION.
Click below to see eight of the most common myths exposed.See all myths